- Books Of Original Entry is also known as Daily Book or Subscription Book
2. The Books Of Original Entry comprises:
(b) Cash Book
(c) Retail Cash Book
3. Based on business documents, every transaction that takes place must be recorded in a Books Of Original Entry first before posting to the ledger.
Document→Books Of Original Entry→Ledger
4. Cash transactions are recorded in Cash Book, Retail Cash Book, Cash Receipts Journal, and Cash Payment Journal.
5. Credit transactions recorded in General Journals, Buy Journals, Sales Journals, Buy Return Journals, and Sales Payments Journals.